
It's just so hard for me to believe the kids are back in school already. I have had alot more trouble adjusting than the kids have I think, maybe because my baby (Molly) is in 7th grade this year. Wow, that is so hard to believe. I guess I also worry about her to much also because of her CF, we always try our hardest to let her live her life as normal as possible BUT I want her always taken care of too.
7th grade is considered high school at their school, so she's over in the other side of the school, it's 7th - 12th graders together. She has classes upstairs and downstairs, and her locker is downstairs. Yesterday she brought every book she had home because she says she doesn't have time to go to her locker, I sure hope she adjust to things and will have time because believe me those books are too heavy for anyone to be carrying around. Thank goodness Wesley rode the bus yesterday instead of driving his truck so he helped her carry them home. I am going to ask for an extra set of books to keep home, for when she has hospital stays, etc. I am seriously thinking of talking to the principle to see if Molly can just leave her text books in each class.
Another really big adjustment is in high school I guess the teachers think the kids can hold it all day and not go to the bathroom. The first two days Molly was about to die when I picked her up because she had to use the bathroom so bad. They only allow the kids one bathroom visit per six weeks , per class. Is that not crazy! And how are they supposed to make it from one class to another and visit their locker in between with only 4 minutes? The second day of school this year Molly said one of her teachers told them "Going to the restroom is a waste of valuable time". Well I bet this teacher goes when she has to. I get so very frustrated each year that I print off CF information sheets for each teacher, and do you think this ever does any good? Nope !
There have been so many times she's needed to go to the restroom or started coughing and needed water and they wouldn't let her go. I'm telling you this year is gonna be different or else I'm gonna be up there pulling me some people's hair out! haha ...
Thank goodness our new school nurse is a good friend of ours so I'm hoping between me talking to the teachers and principle she can help see to it that Molly is taken care of correctly. I have thought more of homeschooling this week than ever before. We have never wanted to do that because Molly is such a people person and we really want her to have the social interactions with other people at school, but the way things have been and as ugly as most of the girls in her grade act, what's the point! It just all seems so negative. Girls sure are different at 12 and 13 yrs old than they were when I was that age, teachers are totally different too! Molly has had some really great teachers but we've had some not so great ones also. I guess I shouldn't expect anything different because it seems the whole world is going crazy anyway ... I guess the changes in how things are at school and how children act these days just goes along with all that.
I am totally amazed that I can see girls at the school that Molly has gone to school with since kindergarten and I can speak to them and they'll just look at me like I've lost my mind for speaking to them. Ohhhh goodness it burns me up to see little girls acting so snotty. I like to think and I sure hope Molly never has that attitude. Well I guess I have rambled enough, as I said ... it's just been a long first week and I could go on and on and on....
Tracy
1 comment:
I can not believe they won't allow students to go to the restroom when they need to. A doctor will even tell you it is important not to hold it. That is totally unjust.How would those teachers like to go all day with out going to the restroom. An "accident" might change their minds. I'm like you I would be up there pulling their hair out too!
Post a Comment