Monday, January 26, 2009

A Nice Day

We sure had a nice weekend finally being home from the hospital. Steve was off so that was especially nice.
Saturday night we went out to eat with our friends Heath and Amy. While there I saw my friend Mauri. Oh yeah, I'll go ahead and share this important information with you all (not really important, I'm just joking) my husband ate the 32 oz steak at Santa Fe...yep, he got his picture up on the wall and got a free tshirt. Wooohooooo......... now if you all could only see me in the picture, I look as though I'm trying to hide and thinking ohhhhh gosh, can't believe he ate the whole thing, haha! I have been doing terrible lately at remembering to take my camera with me when I leave home, I've gotta start doing better so I can share important pictures such as my husband eating a big ole steak with you all, haha!
After eating we went over to Heath and Amy's house for a while. It was nice to get out and visit with friends.

Today Molly went back to school. That is always a scary time for me ... after being in the hospital so many days, having Molly all to myself to shelter and try to keep away from germs sending her back to the school full of germs and sick kids scares the crap out of me.

Today Steve and I took off for a little day to ourselves after dropping Molly off at school.
We ended up going to Jasper....on the way home we stopped by the antique mall in Winfield. I thought of my friend Trina as we were heading to Jasper as we passed through her hometown. That is such a pretty area, I love all the big hills, so different from around here.

10 comments:

Mindy said...

Look at that. Molly's back at school and you got to enjoy some hubby time. Suweet! And how very wonderful that he could eat the steak. Was it free, because it ate all of it? ~Mindy

Debbie Y. said...

Mentioning Jasper and Winfield makes me want to come visit relatives. We could possibly set up a time that we could meet somewhere along the way. I have been busy with my daughters baby shower and the upcoming arrival of my first grandchild, but I am glad to hear that Molly is better and back at school, even though schools are full of nasty ole germs, I bet she's glad to be back to her regular routine.

Glad you had some fun time and yeah it would be nice to see pictures of hubby downing a 32 oz steak at Santa Fe. LOL

trash talk said...

It's the little things(although I wouldn't call a 32 oz steak little) that keep us grounded. I'm glad you were able to have some time with your husband. Y'all are great parents. Keeping you all in my prayers. I hope Molly is enjoying being back in school-I know it's hard for you. Debbie

David said...

Glad Molly is back at school and life is returning to some degree of normalcy. I'll sent up a prayer for her.

I can not imagine eating a two pound steak! And if I could somehow manage to eat it, I would have to lay down and take a very long nap!

Jill said...

So glad you all had a good weekend. You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Steve did what???? Sounds like he missed all of your home cooked meals. Good to see you. Molly looked so good for being in the hospital for as long as she was. Glad you had a great weekend and a great day with Steve.

Trina said...

I'm glad it was a good weekend for you! Hopefully Molly will manage to fight off all those nasty, nasty germs.

Ah, the big city of Jasper! If you and Debbie plan a get-together, you HAVE to let me know, too! I'd love to MEET my bloggy friends! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, You found me?? What is myspace? I posted this on my own blog?? :0

Barbara Jean said...

Tracy,
Thanks for coming by and signing up for the bird nest giveaway.

Good luck.
Blessings,
Barbara jean

Lorri said...

Hi tracy,
Thanks for stopping by for a visit and your nice comments. I have loved reading your blog. So happy you came by so I could find you!
Lorri