For me the best find was a cookie jar, I was looking on a table they had set up, they had a dishpan full of things, well in this I spotted a cookie jar and a set of salt and pepper shakers.
Last night after looking in a book on cookie jars that we have I found what I was looking for. It is a Luzianne Mammy, I really believe this to be the same cookie jar. There are reproductions out there but this jar is marked USA on the bottom, it was painted with cold paint (paint applied over fired glaze).
As you can see mine has hardly any paint on it but either way, I'm thrilled with it. I guess I should mention we paid $2.00 for the cookie jar and $1.00 for the set of salt and pepper shakers.
I will post another day on a cookie jar I found a year or so ago at a thrift store, we paid 54 cents for it! I later discovered it's a Romper Room cookie jar, made in Japan and is worth alot more than 54 cents.
Now we're off to do some Mother's Day shopping, have a great Saturday everyone...
5 comments:
Wow! Nice haul! Congrats!
Great finds. It must be nice to have a sweet hubby that likes to yard sale. I can't drag mine there.
wow ... a truck full! You could come to my house and leave with about that much too! lol ... I love the cookie jar! I find so many things to use those for in the pantry. The old plow is a cool flower bead tool ! Have an amazing Mother's Day!
You found some great things. Hope you have an awesome Sunday and Mother's Day!
Neat! You found some great stuff. I used to love to do yard sales and antique sales.
Post a Comment