Thursday, May 28, 2009

House

Do any of you ever just see this one house and you always think ohhhh it's so pretty. Well there is this one house and I promise you every time we drove passed it I would say "ohhhhh it's just so pretty". Well the other guess what I saw on a side door ? A for sale sign, and come to find out the house has been for sale for 3 years, and the owner (the home belonged to his parents) said it has been pretty much empty since 2000 . We are seriously thinking about it, we'd love to have it but there is alot to think about like the price, work and updating the house needs. The original home was build in or around 1896, the addition was added in the 50's.
The house has 4 bedrooms (two are part of the original house, two are in the addition), the two bedrooms in the addition have foundation issues, two bathrooms (of course they are both in the addition because the original house had no bathroom), it has a family/game room (in the addition), dining room and living room (original), and a den (in the addition), the kitchen (original) of course was updated at some point, the ceiling was dropped in it, it is in need of a good update now. My favorite things about the house are the porch and the large windows, of course the size of the house is nice also.
The lot with the house is huge and has several big trees on it. The house is just really our style and I can just imagine how beautiful it really could be made.

8 comments:

Brenda Eason said...

It is beautiful! follow your heart.
Pray Pray Pray

Belle's Blog said...

Good luck and I hope you get ur house!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracy

Boy sure hope you can get this.
Its just beautiful.

Debbie L

David said...

The hardest part about house shopping is not allowing yourself to become too emotionally attached. It's really important, especially in this economy, to buy "right." Since it's such a critical financial move, one must remain objective throughout the decision-making and negotiation process. I'm sure you know that foundation problems can be costly to repair and can also make a house hard to sell when the time comes. Having said all that, yes, it's a very pretty house and it does seem to "fit" you. Good luck!

Mindy said...

Have you ever noticed that David is Mr. Practical? Of course, he is right, too. Nonetheless, the house is cool. Good luck with your decision and the process! ~Mindy

Jill said...

It is so pretty. I can't wait to hear what you all decide to do.

Debbie Y. said...

Well have you decided?

Trina said...

Gorgeous! I LOVE old houses!!!! Go for it, and good luck!!!!!