Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Gloomy Saturday At The Hospital

It has been so gloomy here today but at least I got to watch the "Tide Roll" on tv. :-)
We are still hanging in here, tonight will be our 5th night here. Hopefully we're half way through with our stay.
Molly is on 3 different iv meds this stay, believe me she stays hooked up to iv's nearly constantly. That is no fun at all for her because she likes to get up and be able to move around the room freely without having to lug a iv pole everywhere. And she's still feeling really groggy a lot from the benedryl she has to take before one of her meds (the Vancomycin) which is every 6 hours.
The doctor said he will have her go downstairs Monday for a pulmonary function test, from that we should have a better idea as to when we'll get out of here.
Right now there are so many kids at Molly and Wesley's school who are out with the flu I just pray it stays away from our family, Molly sure doesn't need that. I will be terrified to send her back to school for fear of her catching the flu.
Tomorrow my uncle, aunt and cousin are coming up to visit. We're excited about that.
Monday I think my in laws are planning to come up, then Tuesday Steve will get to come back up and stay until Thursday. So hopefully our next several days will go back fast since we'll have visitors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I as so sorry Molly is in the hospital, Tracy.

My prayers and good thoughts to Molly and your family.
Molly sounds like one tough little gal!


Pam

David said...

Glad you and Molly will be getting visitors soon. Hang in there! Prayer sent.