Friday, November 7, 2008

A Walk In The Fall

Yesterday my honey and I took a walk back behind our home, it was such a beautiful day. We knew we better get out and enjoy it while we could. We had a good time, I did get very tired and we did see a few snakes other than that we had a blast just walking and talking...Ohhhh how I love country living and having places like this to get out and enjoy.

The pond back behind our home, isn't it pretty. It's such a peaceful place.
The Luxapilila Creek (the Lux) which runs back behind our home.

38 yrs old and this is the first lizard I've ever held.

Walking the rails ...
The Lux at a different location, so pretty!

Awful picture of me, but the water was so clear, I just had to get in it and wade around, I just love creeks and streams. Burrrrr the water was like ice! Ok, on our way out of the woods from the creek we walked up on this, it almost gave me a heart attack!
This was a very pretty area, all the trees over the tracks, but leaves were everywhere and I was really worried about snakes after the one we'd just seen. Good thing we were on the lookout, snake on the tracks...by this time I was totally freaked out and ready to head back home.
We decided to cut through a neighbor's farm (a couple of miles from our home) to head back home, I was ready to get out of the leaves because of the snakes!

6 comments:

Debbie Y. said...

Do you live close to Winfield? My brother and his wife used to live in Winfield, they now live in Guin (I think on the way to Hamilton), not to be mistaken with Guwin.

I hate snakes, but the fall walking pictures were awesome. TFS!

debi lynn mattingly said...

I don't blame you a bit on the "snake" stuff! Having lived in on the bayou in Louisiana I always had to take our dog "Brownie" with me when I would go out and play. Because he would kill the snakes. My meme always let a 6ft King snake live by the back porch! She said he would always kill the bad snakes!

Have a great weekend...xo...deb (the junkin' yaya)

Tiffany said...

Very pretty area and a pretty day too, it looks like. I guess the snakes thought so too!

AndreaLeigh said...

Yikes! Snakes. Snakes freak me out. Beautiful pics though!

Unknown said...

Great pics and I think I owuld have ready to go after the first snake! I have a frind who lives about an hour away from Tuscaloosa. I have never met her but she's awesome (I met her on a message board). Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment not many people have been doing so!

Belle's Blog said...

Great pic of you ! Those snakes ... o my ! Not my favorite things!!!!! So cool the things you can photograph in nature. Love ya ! Stacy