Sunday, February 22, 2009
The Auction Yesterday
Well the auction didn't go so great, might have been better if we'd have got there a little sooner but I didn't have the heart to get Molly up early. We let her sleep until about 9 or 10 and by the time we did her breathing treatment and everything we were 12 o'clock getting to the auction (Molly stayed with my inlaws, she hates auctions). The primitive things we may have bid on had already sold by the time we got there. Steve did buy 5 or 6 old doors, only two of then are really neat .. not sure what we'll do with them, may make a table out of one of them. He also bought a bunch of old tools, you know old rusty guys stuff. The Cooks are having another auction in a couple of weeks, maybe we'll have better luck at it and maybe we'll be able to arrive a little earlier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh I am so sorry it was not as much fun as you thought it might be. I love old doors....and paned windows too. I also love primitives. Glad your hubby got the tools...at least the trip accomplished something. Hope the next auction is good hunting. I went to a local auction this weekend and was very disappointed....they had a preauction peek....and most of the goods were junk.....I left an hour into the sale after the good stuff was bought.
I love auctions. Sorry you didn't have better luck. Maybe the next one. I want to hear an update.
Better luck next time. If you're ever in Texas, Mindy can sure hook you up with some old doors! lol
Eddie makes coffee tables out of old doors.
He distresses the wood with an old bristle brush which takes all the old paint off if there is any on the door and he even leaves the door knob, if it's in good condition.
I have a picture of one he did on my blog somewhere.
Check out this blog for a pic of Eddie's door/table. http://mynogginbloggins.blogspot.com/2008/02/eddie-has-already-started-planting.html
Post a Comment