Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tuesday Finds

Yesterday Steve and I went to Tuscaloosa. We went because football season is near (Rolllllllll Tide!) and I wanted some houndstooth earrings and Alabama flip flops. Well we can not go to Tuscaloosa and miss the thrift store and it's always fun to visit Skyland Antique Mall.
As far as my Alabama gear, I didn't find flip flops but I did find my earrings and a cute pair of Alabama sunglasses.
We didn't find a lot of goodies at the thrift store or antique mall but found a few little things. Below are a few of my favorite.
The glass stones I found at the thrift store, the doll head and old bowl which I just love came from the antique mall. I wasn't sure what I'd do with any of it but this morning it hit me. I think this doll would enjoy soaking in a beautiful old bowl with glass bubbles, don't you? She looks cute soaking sitting by my tub but I don't plan on keeping her, she'll be for sale in our booth.

Also I have a thing for any old thing that is baby or child related. Don't you just love these bronzed baby shoe bookends, they're so cute! They'll also go in our booth for sale.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Ha! I love the lady soaking in the bubbles in the ironstone bowl! Quite creative. I know you had a good time playing with Steve. ~Mindy

Trina said...

Hi from the long-lost blogger! Sorry I've been so out of touch lately. Things have to settle down sometime. :)

I used to LOVE to go to the Skyland Antique Mall when I was in college. I haven't been in years, though.

Love the soaking lady. You are a very creative lady!

ROLL TIDE! I can't wait for next Saturday to get here!!!