Monday, August 3, 2009

Canton, Texas = FUN !

We had the best time ever on our trip to Canton, Texas. Let me tell you the people were so nice, seriously everywhere we went we were amazed at the hospitality those people show everyone. We ate at some great restaurants, we even had our first bison burgers ever.
Of all the states I have visited I think Texas is the best!
My legs are sore from all the walking we did at Canton but it was well worth it, it's for sure a birthday I'll never forget.
We were tickled we got to meet Mindy, David and Donna.
Steve, Tracy, Mindy and David
Donna and Tracy

We didn't do as much buying as we had planned but we bought several things.

Steve's favorite purchase was made yesterday on our way home, we stopped in West Monroe, LA and his bought himself a old Tonka toy truck in great condition, I'll have to try to snap a picture of it soon to share with you all.
There were lots of shops in West Monroe on Trenton St., of course with it being Sunday only 2 were open. We want to make a trip back there one day for some shopping.
Ok, back home and to reality ... housework and laundry today, ughhh!

8 comments:

David said...

It was great to meet you guys!!!

Mindy said...

I am so glad to hear you so much enjoyed Texas! It was great meeting y'all. So, did you end up with white china cabinet? ~Mindy

Diana Ferguson said...

Hey there. Glad you enjoyed Canton here in Texas. I was there two or three months ago. Always fun!

Jill said...

So glad you had a fun trip!

Curious Goods said...

Tracy,
It was a pleasure to meet you. When are you going to come back???

Brenda Eason said...

Glad you had a great trip. i have many relatives that live in Monroe. I will have o look those places up.

debi lynn mattingly said...

Well glad to hear you finally made it to Texas! :) Canton is pretty far north of us down here on the coast, but it is a lot of fun to visit. Maybe next time, you can plan to come to Round Top Antique Week! Talk about LOADS of great stuff and of course the "walking". hehehe

Glad to hear you made it home safe! xo...deb

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.