Thursday, February 19, 2009

Such A Shock


As I write this post I am still in shock over hearing the news last night, I am speaking of a sweet couple we have known for several years now, their names are Johnny and Denise, we met them through antiquing.
Well yesterday something horrible happened, the husband shot the wife, then turned the gun on himself. They both died, him at the scene and her after being airlifted to the hospital.
I just don't understand why. He may have wanted to end his life but I don't understand why he had to take her life also. I guess some things aren't meant to be understood. I do know this will be one incident that will forever stay on my mind, sadly ...
Johnny had two children and Denise also had two of her own, please remember these 4 people in your prayers.

7 comments:

Jill said...

I heard about this at work. A co-worker is a relative of the husband involved. So sad.

David said...

So sorry to hear this. Prayer sent for those left behind.

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. I just don't understand these things. Poor children. I will pray for them now.

Debbie Y. said...

I hate to say it, but I feel that with the economy so bad and getting worse, we will be hearing a lot more of these types of stories on the news. I absolutely hate it, but there's nothing we can do, but pray for everyone involved. It's strange how some people's minds work when they get depressed and distraught and think that the world has nothing more to offer them. I am like you, if he was that depressed that he would contemplate something like that why didn't he just commit suicide and let his wife live, why did he have to murder her too?

My ex is bipolar (manic/depressive). After he killed my three yorkshire terriers in a manic episode, I was scared he might do something like that to me and my daughter, that among other things, is what made me leave him.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Oh what a sad situation. So sorry for the children left behind that will have so many unanswered questions. You are right, if he wanted to end it, he could have, but why take her. I'll keep this family in my thoughts today!

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

This will always haunt you. It brought back some sad memories for me. A very similar situation happened with a yard sale friend of mine several years ago. Her husband shot and killed her, set fire to their house and killed himself. They found her on the lawn, apparently running to the neighbor's house.

Wanda
http://www.shopjustvintage.com/blog

Belle's Blog said...

The daughter of the man was a childhood friend of mine. Its very hard on the kids right now.