Friday, March 6, 2009

Dixie

Today I went to the animal shelter and visited Dixie for a little while. She's such a sweet dog but she is all puppy, she loves to chew and believe me she's got sharp little baby teeth. Hopefully we can break her from that after bringing her home. It will be Monday afternoon before we will be able to break her out of jail to bring her home with us.
I took these pictures of her today during my visit with her.
Today it hit me how she is still a puppy but so big and strong, I'm thinking wow...think when she's full grown what she's gonna be like. I need to get to watching the Dog Whisperer to learn some tips to help train her.



10 comments:

The Patricks said...

Hi! I know you do not know who I am, but I found your blog from Jill O'Bryant's blog. I can't help but comment on that sweet, sweet puppy!!! Congratulations on the adoption!! My husband and I adopted our pooch from the Humane Society two hours before they were going to put her down. She's the best dog! I think they just know. There is definately something special about a shelter dog. I just wanted to wish you good luck with your new family member!!

Anonymous said...

O Tracy that is the sweetest
thing. Love it!!!!!

Debbie L

The Howell's said...

Thank you Tracy! We are so excited...and it looks like you have something to be excited about too! Dixie is just precious!! I LOVE puppies!!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Just saw your post on my blog for my daughter. We have a few things in common. I like geneology and we have a daughter who has cystic fibrosis. They adopted a boy 5 years ago. We have another daughter who has another diagnosis and she can't have children either. Her Dr. can't believe that lightening struck our family twice. It is heart breaking, but there are so many trials out there that I feel like we have to count our many blessings and be happy.

Belle's Blog said...

Awww she looks like a Dixie! We ll have to get Sarah and Cheyenne with her and let them play! A pooch playdate! lol She looks so sweet!!!!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful and by the looks of those feet she will be a big girl. im so happy for both of you.

Debbie Y. said...

Dixie is precious. I know you can't wait to get her home.

David said...

I know you don't care, but with that long nose, I doubt she is full blood boxer. But she definitely has a lot of boxer. Perhaps a full boxer crossed with a boxer mix? I bet she'll be a great pet!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

cuteness!!!!! just cuteness!!!

Mindy said...

Aww! I love that first picture! So sweet! I love that you are going to visit with her. She will be so happy on that first ride home, I'm sure. ~Mindy