Monday, March 2, 2009

Sprouting Seeds

Normally when we plant our garden in the Spring we just plant the seeds directly in the garden, well all except tomato plants of course, we always buy those plants. Well this year I decided to start some seeds myself. Last Wednesday evening Molly and I planted squash and tomato seeds in a tray, can you believe it hasn't even been a week yet and the seeds have done this well, amazing isn't it! Yesterday there was only one little tomato sprout up, tonight almost all are up. Its almost as if you can see them growing right before your eyes. You can barely see the tomato sprouts in these photos below, they're the ones in the back, they're there I promise just alot smaller than the squash.
Hopefully in the summer I'll be able to post pictures of some squash and tomatoes that came off these little plants.

This photo was taken yesterday, March 1, 2009 6:18pm

This photo was taken today, March 2, 2009 at 10:35am

This photo was taken today, March 2, 2009 at 8:07pm

4 comments:

Belle's Blog said...

This is so cool! Squash is so great in casseroles! Neat ideas!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that neat? I love squash & tomatoes and could eat them everyday!
We want to plant a garden this spring. I grew up gardening as a necessity. Once I grew up, I never wanted to have to do it again. But now my Mama is gone to be with the Lord, and my Daddy has terminal lung cancer and severe heart conditions. So I find myself wanting to go back in time. I want to grow things, and freeze and can foods like my Mama did. I want to make jellies & jams. I know I will never be as good at it as she was, but I want to do these things for my family. As we grow older, we are learning to appreciate the simple things so much more.

Mindy said...

Ok. Now I would never get anything done. I would be sitting there watching and being amazed. Life not in the hospital is fun, isn't it??? Yea! ~Mindy

Anonymous said...

Hey Im doing the same thing.
My tomato plants are so big
now and really ready to go
in the ground. Also have
cucumber plants.

Debbie L