Yesterday I went with my honey to run the fish baskets in the creek.
It was a pretty day and nice to get out but I don't think I'll be going back with him. We saw a snake curled up on a limb hanging out over the water. Scary! I just don't like snakes. I honestly think I would fall out dead if a snake fell in the boat with me.
He ended up having 50 something catfish all together in the baskets and boxes.
I'm paying the price today for being outside all day yesterday, my allergies have kicked in, couldn't hardly breathe last night and today I'm sneezing my head off. I love Spring but it doesn't love me.
We brought Dixie home yesterday evening, she's loving her new home and we're loving her.
Now I'm off today to take Molly to her CF clinic visit. Fun fun ....
Keep your fingers crossed that she has a great checkup.
Steve pulling up one of the boxes.
He splashed water to scare the snake, it fell down in the water.
6 comments:
Shew snakessss! I dont like em either! Not for me! Fishing thats pretty cool! Glad you got Dixie! It's suppose to be 82 today ! Can you believe a week ago we had snow!?! lol Hope Molly's visit goes well. I leave tomorrow am at 5 ...early up! Takes so long to get to bham in that traffic. Have a good day! Love ya !
Hope Molly's check-up is a good one.
Snakes will be the death of me. We seem to have Copperheads down here. I posted pics of a ground rattler Eddie found under the lawnmower.
Eddie would have loved to have been on the creek with you and your husband. He absolutely adores fishing. He has caught many a yellow cat. Sounds like Eddie and your husband would have a lot in common.
I am so glad you got Dixie, post some more pics of the beautiful pup.
I love catfish yum yum. Will you clean and eat them? I love netting,but I hate snakes.
Since I haven't read anything in, oh, forever, I went back to catch up.
Molly--I hope her CF visit went well! Maybe y'all are all done with CH for a while. Well, I pray she'll do wonderfully and a cure will be found and you'll be done with it FOREVER!
Antique mall--Where do you have your booth? I meant to ask you this before, and I never did. We used to go browsing in antique malls all the time when we were trying to furnish the house. We don't go as much now since we have no room for anything else, but if we're ever in your neck of the woods, I'd LOVE to let you know and stop by!
Dixie--Oh. My. GOODNESS! What a cute baby girl she is. I bet she's already getting spoiled. I mean, how could you NOT spoil her?
Snakes--I got the heeby jeebies just LOOKING at the picture. I still have them just typing about it. We've seen several at our lake place, but the ones I've seen are non-poisonous. John and his brother have seen a water moccasin swimming along the shoreline. YUCK!!
Catish--YUM! I love me some good catfish!!
Have a GREAT day tomorrow!
That was a BIG snake. Hope it is not to close to my house!!!! THank goodness in the 11 years we have been here and across from a big lake we have not had a snake. Knock on wood.
Glad Molly's appointment went well. Have fun camping.
That snake is what my brother likes to tell folks is a North American Cotton Back Diamond Mouth Water Rattler!
And no you don't want it in your boat.
Post a Comment